Critical Concerns to Be Answered by Attitude Surveys
EMPLOYEE ATTITUDES ABOUT SUPERVISORS
- Are some supervisors’ employees exceptionally satisfied or dissatisfied?
- Do specific supervisors need training in supervisory and human relations skills?
- Have attitudes improved since the last survey?
- What are common elements of jobs that cause negative attitudes? Positive attitudes?
- Can jobs that cause poor attitudes be redesigned to improve satisfaction?
- Can jobs that cause poor attitudes be given alternative work schedules (such as shorter workweeks or flextime)?
PERCEIVED EFFECTIVENESS OF THE HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
- Do employees think they work for a good or a bad employer?
- Do employees think they merely have a job or a career?
- Do employees think they have someplace to turn to solve problems besides their immediate superior?
- Do employees feel informed a v t company developments?
- Do employees know what is expected of them in their jobs?
- Are employees satisfied with the amount and type of feedback they get about their performance?
- Are employees satisfied with their pay? Benefits?